Thursday, May 8, 2008

First of all, I think this idea is absolutely brilliant, and I'm glad I thought of it.

I listened to the discussion and it made me think a lot, not just about my physical family, but about my church family. The wife and I talk sometimes about how we get stuck in a routine and take each other for granted... we don't meet or even care at that point in time about each others needs. We tend, as humans do, to get caught up in our own lives that we can't see outside our own bodies, needs, and wants. I go to church pretty much everytime the door is open, but that doesn't mean anything other than I get in my car and make a physical effort to drive to a building and try to listen to someone speak about God. I honestly can't tell you half the names of the people there... the ones that are there everytime the doors are open. That has always bothered me inside, but yet I do nothing about it. I believe that sometimes church communities create cliques and you tend to stay in your own clique... your own comfort zone. I do try to make an effort to talk to new people, but being a 32 year old wannabe rockstar doesn't leave you with much in common with people your own age. LOL!!! Maybe, I should start spending more time loving my church family and less time loving the world.

Jason

1 comment:

MC and friends said...

Jason, thanks for writing. It's a good point that the point of going to church isn't just "going to a church". For me one of the hardest things in church is just paying attention to the people around me. In a sense, actually noticing the other human beings in the room with me.

That's a small place to start but it's a good place, I think. Smallgroups are really helping me.