Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Family of God

Hey All,

I created this blog because I ran across a talk that was part of a Ben and Robin Pasley house concert. It was all about pursuing Family as believers not just community. I think part of the idea is that Community doesn't necessarily create Family but Family does necessarily create community. If you got my email and have had a chance to listen to the talk you'll be thinking about it.

My hope was just to carve out a little space to have some discussion on this stuff. Especially since a lot of us don't physically live together but are, I believe, already wanting to live 'with' each other and learn to integrate our lives as members of the Family of God. At any rate, I think of you as my family in more than just a technical sense so I want to hear what ya'll think about this stuff.

Just keep posting and reading and responding. That way I wont have to think about this all by myself. We can all express and work some of it out together. Maybe it's a way of taking care of each other.

thanks, matthew

2 comments:

Cintia Listenbee said...

I appreciate you for helping us through this forum. I'd like to participate and talk about being the family of God. This is something I can benefit from. I loved the audio file. It really challenged me to adopt someone and keep working on that family relationship. Thanks Matthew!
Cintia

Abbye West Pates said...

woo hoo!!!